This is the original YARD Stick from Great Scott Gadget as seen on Hak5
YARD Stick One (Yet Another Radio Dongle) can transmit or receive digital wireless signals at frequencies below 1 GHz. It uses the same radio circuit as the popular IM-Me. The radio functions that are possible by customizing IM-Me firmware are now at your fingertips when you attach YARD Stick One to a computer via USB.
- half-duplex transmit and receive
- official operating frequencies: 300-348 MHz, 391-464 MHz, and 782-928 MHz
- unofficial operating frequencies: 281-361 MHz, 378-481 MHz, and 749-962 MHz
- modulations: ASK, OOK, GFSK, 2-FSK, 4-FSK, MSK
- data rates up to 500 kbps
- Full-Speed USB 2.0
YARD Stick One comes with RfCat firmware installed, courtesy of atlas. RfCat allows you to control the wireless transceiver from an interactive Python shell or your own program running on your computer. YARD Stick One also has CC Bootloader installed, so you can upgrade RFCat or install your own firmware without any additional programming hardware. An antenna is not included. ANT500 is recommended as a starter antenna for YARD Stick One.
Originally based on the ToorCon 14 Badge design, YARD Stick One has several featured not previously seen in CC1111 platforms:
- SMA connector for external antennas such as ANT500
- receive amplifier for improved sensitivity
- transmit amplifier for higher output power
- strong RF performance across the entire operating frequency range
- low pass filter for elimination of harmonics when operating in the 800 and 900 MHz bands
- antenna port power control for compatibility with antenna port accessories designed for HackRF One
- GoodFET-compatible expansion and programming header
- GIMME-compatible programming test points
Antenna is not included.