If you loved the Rasberry Pi Zero, the Zero W will rock your world.
The new Zero W has the same form factor (66mm x 30.5mm x 5mm) and specs as the good old Pi Zero plus it packs built-in WiFi and Bluetooth (4.1 + BLE)!
Also to note: The Pi Zero W provides mini-HDMI, micro-B On-the-Go (OTG) USB port, and an unsoldered 40-pin header for use with hardware, HATs, and other devices.
It runs the same Rasbian as the bigger siblings and is also capable of running other OS (e.g. Kali). And - to round things off - you don't need to connect HDMI, keyboard or mouse to use it: headless configuration using the wpa_supplicant.conf file gets you started into your wireless network straight away. (see details here)
- BCM 2835 SoC (ARM11 at 1GHz)
- 512MB of RAM
- On-board Wi-Fi - 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n (BCM43438)
- On-board Bluetooth 4.1 + HS Low-energy (BLE) (BCM43438)
- Storage: micro-SD (not included)
- Display: mini-HDMI
- Power: USB micro-B
- USB: 1 x USB micro-B
- CSI camera connector (requires adaptor cable)
- Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector (requires soldering)
- Compatible with existing pHAT/HAT add-ons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30.5mm x 5mm
- Weight: 9.3g