A VL53L1X Sensor on a handy little breakout.
VL53L1X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Proximity Sensor is a state-of-the-art laser-ranging sensor enhancing the ST FlightSense™ product family.
This long-distance ranging miniature ToF sensor offers accurate ranging up to 4m and fast ranging frequency up to 50Hz.
This sensor integrates a SPAD receiving array, a 940nm invisible Class1 laser emitter, physical infrared filters, and optics to achieve the best ranging performance.
The VL53L1X sensor uses ST's latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement for whatever the target colour and reflectance. It is also possible to program the size of the ROI on the receiving array, allowing the sensor Field of View (FoV) to be reduced.
- Fully integrated miniature module
- The emitter of a 940nm invisible laser (Class1)
- Single-Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) receiving array with integrated lens
- Low-power microcontroller running advanced digital firmware
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the VL53L0X FlightSense™ ranging sensor
- Fast and accurate long-distance ranging:
- Up to 400cm distance measurement
- Up to 50Hz ranging frequency
- Typical full FoV of 27°
- Programmable Region-of-Interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
- Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, providing multizone operation control from the host
- Easy integration:
- Single reflowable component
- Can be hidden behind many cover window materials
- Software driver and code examples for turnkey ranging
- Single power supply (2v8)
- I2C interface (up to 1MHz)
- Shutdown and interrupt pins