A VL53L0X Sensor on a handy little breakout.
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances, unlike conventional technologies.
It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second generation FlightSenseTM patented technology. The VL53L0X’s 940 nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer ranging distances, higher immunity to ambient light, and better robustness to cover glass optical crosstalk.
Note: Make sure to remove the amber film over the lens
- Fully integrated miniature module
- 940nm laser VCEL (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser)
- VCEL Driver
- Ranging sensor with an advanced embedded microcontroller
- Fast and accurate distance ranging:
- Measures absolute range up to 2m
- Reported range id independent of the target reflectance
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify over glass selection
- Eye safe
- Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd Edition
- Easy integration
- Single reflowable component
- No additional optics
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Programmable I2C address