This 3 colour e-Paper Display HAT adopts the image display technology of Microencapsulated Electrophoretic Display, MED. The initial approach is to create tiny spheres, in which the charged colour pigments are suspending in the transparent oil and would move depending on the electronic charge. The Display HAT displays patterns by reflecting the ambient light, so it has no need for background light, keeping power consumption down.
Under sunshine, the E-paper screen still has high visibility with a wide viewing angle of 180 degrees.
This e-Paper Display HAT, 2.13inch, 212x104 resolution and is the header is designed to fit straight onto the Raspberry Pi. It can however also work with other boards - e.g. Arduino.
The Display HAT has an embedded controller which communicates via Serial Peripheral Interface interface.
It supports red, black and white three-colour display. Due to the advantages - ultra-low power consumption, wide viewing angle, great effect under sunlight - it is an ideal choice for applications such as shelf label, industrial instrument, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When pushing the Display HAT onto the Pi, you must avoid to push down on the display itself as *it will* break the display. Use the PCB board to push down very very gently.
- No backlight keeps displaying last content for a long time even when the power is down.
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing.
- Mounts directly onto Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/Zero/Zero W.
- Can be used for Arduino and other boards with wiring
- Preserved solder pads for Serial Peripheral Interface interface, to connect with other controller boards like for Arduino/Nucleo, etc.
- Development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry/Arduino/STM32) available - see here
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Interface: 3-wire Serial Peripheral Interface, 4-wire Serial Peripheral Interface
- Outline dimension: 65 x 30.2mm
- Display size: 23.71 x 48.55mm
- Dot pitch: 0.229 x 0.228
- Resolution: 212 x 104
- Display colour: black, white, red
- Grey level: 2
- Full refresh time: 15s
- Refresh power: 26.4mW
- Standby power: <0.017mW
- Viewing angle: >170°
- VCC: 3.3V
- GND: Ground
- DIN: Serial Peripheral Interface MOSI pin
- CLK: Serial Peripheral Interface SCK pin
- CS: Serial Peripheral Interface chip selection, low active
- DC: Data/Command selection (high for data, low for command)
- RST: External reset, low active
- BUSY: Busy status output, low active
Includes PH2.0 8-pin Connecting Cable (20cm)