Compared to the ESP8266 (the previous generation), the ESP32 has a significant performance improvement. It is equipped with a high-performance dual-core Tensilica LX6 MCU. One core handles high speed connection and the other for standalone application development. The dual-core MCU has a 240 MHz frequency and a computing power of 600 DMIPS.
In addition, it supports Wi-Fi HT40, Classic Bluetooth/BLE 4.2, and more GPIO resources.
Engineered for mobile devices, wearable electronics and Internet of Things (IoT) applications, the ESP32 achieves ultra-low power consumption with a combination of several proprietary software applications. The state-of-the-art power saving features include fine resolution clock gating, power modes, and dynamic power scaling.
- Xtensa® dual-core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency
- 16MB of flash storage
- 520kB internal SRAM
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver
- Integrated dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- 2.3 to 3.6V operating range
- 21 GPIO
- 8-electrode capacitive touch support
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
- 2.5 µA deep sleep current