The Pro Micro is similar to the Pro Mini except with an ATmega32U4 on board. The USB transceiver inside the 32U4 allows adds USB connectivity on-board - no need for an external USB interface.
This tiny board does all of the Arduino tricks:
- 4 channels of 10-bit ADC
- 5 PWM pins
- 12 DIOs as well as hardware serial connections Rx and Tx.
- Running at 16MHz and 5V
- Voltage regulator on board - it can accept voltage up to 12VDC. If you’re supplying unregulated power to the board, be sure to connect to the “RAW” pin on not VCC.
- ATmega32U4 running at 3.3V/16MHz
- Supported from Arduino IDE v1.0.1 onward (recognised as Leonard)
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- 4 x 10-bit ADC pins
- 12 x Digital I/Os (5 are PWM capable)
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
- Headers not soldered (provided)