These modules can be mounted flush side-by-side to extend them far beyond the 8x8 matrix. For example, you could have an 8x32 matrix! At the core is a MAX7219 - a very well documented chip in the Arduino community (along with every other flavour of the microcontroller).
- Each module includes an 8x8 common cathode LED matrix
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Size: 5 x 3.2 x 1.5 cm (L x W x H)
- Four screws hole, aperture 3mm
- Input and output interfaces support multiple modules cascade
- IOs are clearly labelled on the board
- Do not reverse VCC and GND - you'll burn the chip!
- 1x Module (which includes the matrix display)
- 1x Dupont wire assembly (20cm)